Monday, December 31, 2012

General background


Hi, I´m just a Dutch guy who travelled a lot around Europe in search for caves, geology and beautiful landscapes. Irresistibly I almost always ended up in the mountainous areas, which to me are precious. Although I love all mountains, I must confess that there was really something special about the Cantabrian Mountains. My first contact with these mountains was during a hot summer a long time ago, when I was doing my second year geologic fieldwork for the University of Utrecht (Netherlands). Its great diversity, beauty and geology, together with the feeling of having found some “unspoiled" mountains where everything still waited to be discovered, immediately captured me and never released me since. In later years I also discovered the enormous wealth of plants and animals, of which the wild orchids and birds of prey have my special attention.
I also visited literally hundreds of caves, of which especially some caves of Cantabria have enormous dimensions. It is no coincidence that I finally settled down in a small mountain village situated in the southern Cantabrian Mountains.

Oh, just another thing; because I´m Dutch my native language isn´t English, which means that sometimes you may encounter a sentence with a somewhat strange construction, or maybe a word plainly misspelled. When you do, please forgive me.
































1 comment:

  1. Hola, Marius.

    Me encantan tus proyectos para el nuevo año. Estoy deseando ver esos posts.

    I love your projects for the new year. I'm looking forward to seeing these posts.

    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete